forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Help FOR-308
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:51:34 GMT
On Tuesday 05 October 2004 16:12, David Crossley wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
> <snip/>
>
> > Perhaps this has something to do with "linkrewriter" can really say since
> > so may things impact on the document as it goes through the pipe and I
> > have not fully understood pipes after the transform to forrest format.
>
> I hope that getting so deep at first visit
> is not putting you off.
>
> What we have been trying to achieve with this recent
> DocBook effort has caused exploration of the complex
> core sitemaps.
>
> In Forrest development we have only recently reached
> a stage where we finally stop copying resources and now
> use them in-place. Perhaps the sitemaps can soon be
> rationalised too.

If it was easy, everybody would be doing it. No, it is actually a nice
challenge. I understand that forrest is still evolving in some places. This
is what makes it interesting. I may be a bit lost, but if you guys can bare
with me then I don't see a problem getting to a point where I can start
adding greater value.

I expect that most of my effort will will be in the area of docbook to start
with. As I become more comfortable with the environment I will move into
improving the docs. On systems such as forrest I only like to contribute docs
when I have a technical understanding.
--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author