forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: Help FOR-308
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 10:26:17 GMT
On Tuesday 05 October 2004 10:38, David Crossley wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
> > I want to add support for xref to docbook2document.xsl so I created the
> > following template:
>
> <snip/>
>
> > My template creates the links, but does not work because forrest is
> > adding its own anchor @id to sections. So the link is displayed with the
> > right text, but goes nowhere since the target does not exist in the
> > rendered html document.
>
> Oh. I wonder if the generation of forrest default id can
> be made configurable. Anyway, to get on with your work
> you might be able to comment-out the IdGen transformers.
> cd src/core/context/
> grep idgen *.xmap

Nope that does not do it. Now I get my link @href pointing

Like this

<a name="N10084"></a>
<h2 class="boxed">Klank Ka Klank 9</h2>

Instead of

<a name="blank9"></a>
<h2 class="boxed">Klank Ka Klank 9</h2>

Perhaps this has something to do with "linkrewriter" can really say since so
may things impact on the document as it goes through the pipe and I have not
fully understood pipes after the transform to forrest format.
--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author