forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: map:transform to docbook xsl
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 07:26:17 GMT
On Monday 04 October 2004 03:08, David Crossley wrote:
> Sean Wheller wrote:
> > David, when you access the article does forrest apply the default skin.
>
> Yes, and that is the intended behaviour.

No, it does not default to this behavior. I think one still has to pass the
output to a new pipe. As you explained below.

> > Unless
> > I understand the docs wrong when it says ...
> >
> > "That will intercept the request for the body content, for only this
> > specific "download" document, and will transform it into the intermediate
> > Forrest "document" format. The normal Forrest machinery will handle the
> > aggregation with navigation menus etc. and will apply the normal skin."
> > From:
> > http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#adding_new_content_type
>
> You are getting confused. That section is about advanced
> customisations which transform into the intermediate Forrest
> "document-v* DTD" format. Your project sitemap is doing
> the "complete" transformation using the DocBook XSL.

You lost my meaning, but it's not important, I understand what you mean.

> > Essentially, my sitemap.xmap is not that different to the one provided in
> > the example "adding_new_content_type".
>
> It is very different. The latter delivers output as
> the intermediate Forrest format. The former delivers
> final html.

True. The resulting output format is different.

[snip] > > So if I am not mistaken,
[snip] You are...

[snip] random thought.

--