forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Wheller <s...@inwords.co.za>
Subject Re: map:transform to docbook xsl
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 13:21:11 GMT
On Sunday 03 October 2004 14:38, David Crossley wrote:
> I sent another message today, after the one that you refer to,
> to say that it works for me and i provided my sitemap.
> However, i have since discovered that my project sitemap
> was not handling it and so i was getting the default Forrest
> minimal docbook.

Yes, I got your earlier message. I just replied to the first.

> I have since fixed it and everything now works for me.
> Updated sitemap at:
> http://forrest.apache.org/faq.html#docbook
>
> However your sitemap doesn't work. And now i see why.
> You must be not quite understanding how the sitemap works
> (or you just have a typo).
>
> The project sitemap needs to handle the request to
> the db-*.html and not the *.xml as you have.

Ok I see now. It looks for a request for any file db-*.html as that is what is
shown in the menu link. Now all I need is for the article to to be genrated
through a custom layer and of course to make it fall within body. At present
it is just a raw article and the user no longer sees the forrest menu, footer
etc.

> Your doc works with my sitemap. We look for to seeing
> your articles on-line shortly.

Yes. Actually I am slowly finding my way around the forrest. I plan to take a
look at docbooktodocument and see if I can add template to match xref and
perhaps improve a bit.

--
Sean Wheller
Technical Author