forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwakergu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Including Plugin documentation in Forrest website
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:59:37 GMT
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:14:27 +0100, Ross Gardler <rgardler@apache.org> wrote:
> Am I still going in the wrong direction? I have no problem with it
> staying in the IMSManifest plugin, just wanting to know if it has a
> wider use.

I think its a **great** thought, and will definitely go a long way in
making Forrest a mature product. There are many many more use cases
that can be thought of, but the ones you list make a representative
list. But I'll add just another one:

Consider the computer science department of a University. The systems
people maintain their own webpage, the theory guys maintain their own
(do they??!), the vision people their own. The CS webadmins then
simply can use Forrest to plug-in these separate websites to create an
integrated website for the department.

I'm +1 on the 2) approach -- this should be core forrest
functionality. Further, I have a feeling that (like IMSManifest) any
plugin that does this would not be able to provide fine grained
control over site.xml and tabs.xml (atleast not easily).

--
Diwaker Gupta
http://resolute.ucsd.edu/diwaker