forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Apache Forrest 0.6
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:09:19 GMT
On Oct 11, 2004, at 5:16 PM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>> Dave Brondsema wrote:
>>> FORREST_HOME=/Users/Shared/_WebDLs/_repos/apache-forrest-0.6/src/core
>>>
>>> (It'd be handy if in the future the shell scripts were smart enough
>>> to accept either)
>> Why? The user instructions make it very clear how to
>> set $FORREST_HOME.
>
> So we can be more like a "normal" application, where _HOME is the base
> directory.  Thinking about it more now, the bin/ directory has to be
> in PATH and it would still be in src/core, so users would still have
> to set that properly.

I would concur with Dave. I like the idea of following a 'standard'
even if it's a de facto one. IMO, _HOME should be the top-level of the
app dir, and bin/ should be beneath that. In addition, if one is
build'g the app from source, I guess the build/ dir should also be in
the PATH.

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>