forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with sitemap.xmap - Docbook Plugin
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:07:38 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
[snip]
> It has been indicated by other devs that with small amount of tuning we can
> accept and output XHTML.

I doubt that people would have said "a small amount",
otherwise we would have done it already.

> Ross, I thank you for your efforts, but I must have a full solution. I have
> three choices. Stick with Forrest, find another solution, or build a new
> implimentation based on Cocoon that will serve only Docbook.

Please remember that we do have a plan of development
in our mail archives and in our Issues Tracker Roadmap.
It is probably about time that we made that into a
document and reassessed it.

> I need to think about it, but my gut says I'm gonna set set some time aside
> and pull the current forrest apart. Strip it and build it around Docbook. I
> don't want to waste any more of your time on this. If I find a solution that
> uses forrest, I will make it available to the community.

If you took this latter route, then i reckon you would
find that the project had moved on and your stuff would
not fit anymore. So let us reassess the situation.

Perhaps it will not suit your timeline. We shall see.

--
David Crossley