forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Changing Forrest development priorities
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:06:56 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> As we all have seen, Sean has come in like a hurricane :-) , given us
> good ideas, and is willing to help in scratching his itches with us.
>
> There is a problem though. We risk losing this collaboration because of
> priority mismatch in goals.
>
> He needs to use DocBook. We personally don't, but would be happy to have
> that support and understand that we could use many stylesheets that
> DocBook enthusiasts have done.
>
> In Jira there is a roadmap that highlights the things to do for 0.7 and
> 0.8, and IMHO it has to change.
>
> What about this for a course of action:
>
> Goals for 0.7:
>   - switch to XHTML2
>   - plugins
>
> Goals for 0.8:
>   - locationmap
>   - fix and make better internals
>
> Goals for 0.9:
>   - finalize leather skin and switch to that
>   - enhancements and features
>
> Goals for 1.0:
>   - testing, bugfixes, testing
>
> If this seems sensible, I can reorganize the JIRA issues, in a short
> period of time we can highlight what needs to do to make the theh XHTML2
> move and then help in making it happen fast.
>
> WDOT?

I was half way through writing a similar message.
You have done it so artfully. Thanks.

Scanning the current 0.7 issues to find the main priorities,
it seems mostly about consolidation of existing stuff. That
will still need to happen anyway. We should make the next
disruptive change (XHTML2) earlier, rather than just use
0.7 as our planned consolidation release. So i think yes,
move it forward.

--
David Crossley