forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugins in SVN
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2004 00:34:22 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Hi Ross, a while ago you put the experimental
> > /plugins/ directory on the server, but forgot to make
> > it group writable. (Is your umask set in ~/.cshrc?)
>
> No, but it is now.
>

> > Today i did 'svn update' there to publish our current
> > forrest-site, and that directory is in the way.
> >
> > Would you please do this ...
> > ssh cvs.apache.org
> > cd /www/forrest.apache.org
> > rm -rf plugins
> > svn update
>
> Done, I didn't realise it was quite so easy to update the site.

Yes, it is really very simple and elegant.
However people still seem to find it an impediment
to updating the website.

We actually have a cronjob there, which automatically
does the 'svn update' on the server every 12 hours
(see ~crossley/bin/). So all that we need to do is commit
our generated site changes to the forrest/trunk/site/
and the rest is automated.

--
David Crossley