forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fixes for 0.6 ?
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 03:13:32 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> > Hello devs,
> >
> > how does it work:
> > the pelt has a small bug in 0.6 and trunk:

> >> As I found out myself yesterday evening, it works, but just if both
> >> elements are specified.
> >
> > I will fix that in trunk but what about 0.6. Should I prepare a patch
> > and attach it to
> > http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-333
>
> If you think it warrants making a 0.6.1 release, then do an svn switch
> to forrest_06_branch, and commit the fix.

Or maintain a separate checkout. With the recent svn restructure
there would be a lot of swapping with doing 'svn switch'.

> There have been a few other bugs that might go in to a 0.6.1 release
> too.  Offhand I only think of FOR-330, but I'm pretty sure there are &
> will be others.

Yes i am expecting that we will.

The one that springs to mind is the yet-to-be solved:
http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-145
"Make Forrest able to be imported by Ant"

There are troubles at Apache Cocoon because they incorporate
forrest into their own Ant build and our target names and
variables clash. We also saw troubles recently with Howard's
HiveMind docs.

So it sounds like yes, we should port some fixes over to
the release branch. We would be better to do those changes
as we go, or it will be difficult later to remember what to add.

Even if we don't make a release, having relevant changes
added would help people who might be using SVN with that branch.

--
David Crossley