forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docbook as forrest-plugin
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:36:17 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> If the stuff you need is not under a compatible license then we need to
> think of an alternative. In this case I think it would be OK to have an
> ANT script download the requirements and install them (with relevant
> license agreements). However, before we do this we will have to check
> with someone who knows the legal situation better than I.

I will try, though IANAL. For anything that is distributed
by Forrest as a release or via SVN, we can only include stuff
as long as its license is no more restrictive than the
Apache License.

We could provide an automated fetch mechanism to retrieve
and install stuff from remote sites. It is my understanding
that the responsibility is then shifted onto our user.
However, for certain remote resources it may be a requirement
for our application to show the license to the user.

I am tempted to say that they would need to configure their
plugin to point to their own installed resources. People who
use DocBook as their source format would already have the
DocBook DTDs and XSLs installed somewhere and be up-to-date
for the particular version that they use.

--
David Crossley