forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugins in SVN
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:59:30 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Now that plugins are in trunk we could do with at least one example that
> is easily accessible. I have two plugins available, both alpha but both
> working, I would like to commit these to SVN as examples (they are
> useful too!).
>
> They are
>
> IMSManifest - replaces sites.xml and tabs.xml with IMS standard manifest
> file (also has pre-alpha code for including one content object in
> another - works but with some nasty hacks in the code)
>
> feeder - very simple plugin to read an RSS feed and render it within a
> Forrest site
>
> The question is where to put them. Here are the options I have though of:
>

> - a new module "plugins" with subdirectories for each of the plugins
> - a new module for each plugin "IMSManifest_plugin", "feeder_plugin" etc.
> - in scratchpad until we think of something better
> - ????
>
> So comments?

I think option a) /plugins/*/

Wondering ...

Does that allow people to just do 'svn checkout' of the
particular plugin that they are interested in?

Do we need trunk and branches for that?

Sorry, i do know enough about SVN management.

Is this "plugins" a sub-project of Forrest? Like "forrestbot" etc.
I think so.

Are there other Apache projects, or any project actually,
that does plugins and uses SVN? We could model our svn setup.

--
David Crossley