forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Test Zone for new Forrest Sample Site
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:39:59 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > > XInclude is the way forward. Since it solves these problems. Seems that
> > > this should be listed as a major bug in Forrest. What do you think?
> > >
> > > The problem here is that the sources must be transformable under forrest
> > > and under any other publishing tool chain. IMHO, this is the way it
> > > should be.
> >
> > It's the Cocoon XInclude system that is partial unfortunately.
>
> In which case Forrest should not have implimented
> <map:transformer name="xinclude"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.XIncludeTransformer"
> logger="sitemap.transformer.xinclude" pool-grow="2" pool-max="16"
> pool-min="2" />
>
> Unitil such time as XIncludeTransformer works.
> I don't expect XPointer since that seems to be stalled and all broken.
>
> For example, I am not following what happens in Cocoon, so when I see
> XIncludeTransformer I assume it works.

I use XIncludeTransformer in a Cocoon-based site
and it work beautifully. I am busy now, but if you
still need an example later, i will dig it out.

However, i wonder it its purpose is not what you think.
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/xinclude-transformer.html
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/XInclude

--
David Crossley