forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How do I create OpenOffice.org Forrest:* styles?
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:00:12 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest, but the fact that Open Office
> will no longer open your file does not sound good with respect to the
> correctness of your modified Open Office document.

This is the sort of thing that worries me about enabling
these other formats as sources for Forrest. It will be
Forrest that gets blamed for the almost un-intelligible
messages that Cocoon is forced to spew out.

I suppose we can always add FAQs about such things.

It is also of concern that we might get dragged into
user help situations about those formats. We will need
good defense against a certain infamous word processor.

One defense would be to have very good example documents
in our seed site. That way we can simply say "go compare
with the xxxx-v11.sxw file".

--
David Crossley