forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling of non-documentvXX XML files
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 22:56:31 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Christian Roth wrote:
> > what happens to custom XML documents that do not conform to any version
> > of the document-vXX.dtd (or any of the default DTDs with provided
> > conversions), but are nevertheless valid according to the declared
> > DOCTYPE and reside in the xdocs folder? Are they passed through Forrest
> > and Cocoon 1:1 and wind up finally at the skin's document2html.xsl
> > stylesheet, or are they blocked from passing through Forrest at all?
>
> If I understand correctly, any XML file that is not supported by Forrest
> will be ignored, probably not the best behaviour, an error message would
> be more appropriate.

See the full story at:
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#sitemap.xmap

You cannot just bang things into Forrest and hope that it works.
New document types must be specifically handled.

> Forrest supports more than just Document** format though, for a list of
> XML doctypes supported see the action called "sourcetype" in
> forrest.xmap (XHTML is also supported). If you want to work with a file
> in a different format you must provide an XSL stylesheet for converting
> from your format to Document20 and configure Forrest to use it.

Not quite. Forrest's internal document format is still
document-v1* and not yet document-v2*

--
David Crossley