forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge plugins branch
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:46:27 GMT
Quoting Ross Gardler <>:

> A few days ago it was proposed that we merge the plugins branch with
> trunk. I resisted at the time because there were a few things I wanted
> to do in the branch first. However, these are now done. The plugins
> system now works in a fully automated fashion and I am confident it does
> not break backward compatibility (although further testers are always
> welcome).

Sounds great!

> The code for both of these can be donated to Forrest (we will need to
> start a new module I think, but that is for a different thread).

Hmm.. yes, see FOR-233.  I will work on some proposal.

> So, shall I merge the branch at this time?

If it's usable (even if it has bugs) and it's our future direction, then yes.
Having it in trunk will force people to test & improve it.

> I think the process is if I don't get any -1's in 36 hours I can go
> ahead, is that right?

Yes I think so... we should finish up bylaws.xml and vote on it, so we can have
all these things on our website.

Dave Brondsema : : personal : programming : student org

View raw message