forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Apache Forrest 0.6
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:09:05 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-235
> > "Cannot use Ctrl-C to shutdown demo forrest run with jdk1.3"
> > ... at least for me on Linux. Do others have this too?
> >
> > Our options:
> > A) Ignore it and tell 1.3 people to grapple with ps and kill.
> >
> > B) Raise our minimum Java level to 1.4 and tweak the docs.
>
> This doesn't seem to be a big issue.  ps/kill and upgrading to java 1.4+
> are two decent workarounds,

I agree. However, there will be no FAQ about it in
their local docs, because we have already built the
release candidate. Never mind, we can add an FAQ after
the release and direct their questions to the website FAQ.

(That will tell us how many customers still use java 1.3 :-)

> and we can release a 0.6.1 if we figure out
> a better solution.
>
> my forrest/0.6-rc5/ is group-writable now

Thanks, i will upload my *.asc

--
David Crossley