forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject trouble building Cocoon with forrest-0.6 candidate
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:02:23 GMT
As part of testing our release candidate, i am trying
to build the sites of some other projects. I started with
the hard one - Cocoon-2.2

This used the old "forrest.antproxy.xml" method to
incorporate Forrest into their build. So now it
needs to use Ant <import> ... fine.

However, it cannot be done due to
http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-145
"Make Forrest able to be imported by Ant"
... Forrest uses many common target names and properties
such as "webapp", "site", "version", etc. which clash.

I can hack our forrest.build.xml to get around that.

The next problem i do not understand. Any clues?

-----
/usr/local/svn/forrest/src/core/forrest.build.xml:134:
Could not create task or type of type: echoproperties.

Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon.
-----