forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Apache Forrest 0.6
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 02:45:22 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-235
> "Cannot use Ctrl-C to shutdown demo forrest run with jdk1.3"
> ... at least for me on Linux. Do others have this too?
>
> Our options:
> A) Ignore it and tell 1.3 people to grapple with 'ps' and 'kill -9'.
>
> B) Raise our minimum Java level to 1.4 and tweak the docs.
>
> C) Try to find the reason for this. Is it our packaged Jetty config?

I grepped the Internet and found a message from our Pier
about something similar:

"Note, shutdown hooks don't get triggered on JDK-1.3
when CTRL-C is pressed on the console"
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108972345629182

So we can forget option C).

Note that Cocoon's 'cocoon.sh servlet' has the same issue.

--
David Crossley