forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Apache Forrest 0.6
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2004 08:25:39 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:

> When extracting the .tar.gz. I get "tar: A lone zero block at 67904" but
> everything works fine.

A bit worrisome.

I recall reading about that or something similar on Google.
It said using recent versions of tar to unpack, the tar
files that are created by Ant cause that message.
Evidently it is "just a warning" and all is well.

I don't get any messages with "tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25"
and all seems well.

> That directory is forrest-writable, so add your .asc files there.

Okay, added mine.

Then i did 'build release-dist' here on r54198

I get a different md5sum. A bit of investigation
revealed the reasons. The following file has DOS line-endings
in your release candidate, but has proper UNIX line-endings for me.
src/forrestbot/webapp/src/java/org/apache/forrest/forrestbot/webapp/util/Project.java
It does have svn:eol-style=native so i don't know why the difference.
I presume that is what causes a difference in xml-forrest.jar.

Anyway does that matter?

I downloaded and verified your tar package. Your *.asc
and *.md5 are fine for me.

I notice that your xml-forrest.jar is built with Java 1.4
Is that correct? Isn't it meant to be 1.3 ?

--
David Crossley