forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Release Apache Forrest 0.6
Date Sun, 10 Oct 2004 01:00:46 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Dave Brondsema wrote:
> >>.tar.gz m5sum b54f5ebf00f883b1106f919306ead91b
> >>.zip md5sum 4d9f5eb87036248b1a62fbb6038ebc8d
> >
> > Is the tar archive built on UNIX and the zip on Win?
>
> Yes.

Great, i did think so but it needed to be stated.

> > If so, then we will make these the official files
> > for testing and voting. (I just removed mine.)

Then Dave's candidates are the ones.

> >>If you want to build it yourself locally, use the md5sum to verify that
> >>it's exactly the same (run 'svn st --no-ignore' to make sure you have a
> >>clean source tree).
> >
> > Our etc/RELEASE_PROCESS.txt says to checkout a new working copy.
> >
> > We would prefer that people test the actual release tar and zip
> > that we are voting about.
>
> I was just thinking people might want to save the bandwith, but 20mb
> isn't too bad.  Downloading is definitely the safest too.

The process that you suggested is still needed for someone
else to repeat the process and compare the md5 sums i suppose.
I will do that later today.

> >>If you're a PMC member with a key in KEYS and you vote +1, please sign
> >>both files (e.g., gpg --detach-sig --armor apache-forrest-0.6.zip) and
> >>reply with the .asc files attached.
> >
> > Yes. However, i am not sure what you mean by the last part.
> > Attached to the email?
> >
> > I want to add my *.asc early in the week. Then i will vote
> > toward the very end of the week when i am satisfied.
>
> I'm not sure what the best process is here. Somehow the "releasor"
> needs to get all the .asc signatures and concatenate them,
> and put that file alongside the release.

We do have a "dist" repository where i have been putting
the html templates that enable the www.apache.org distribution
area at /dist/forrest/ to be adorned. It would be best to append
our *.asc there. At the moment that is not an 'svn co' on the server.
They are manually put there with 'scp'.

If your ~brondsem/forrest/ directory is writable by
our forrest group, then we can just update your *.asc

--
David Crossley