forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Release plan for 0.6
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:04:20 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> IMO we must test and vote on the actual zips and tars. Cocoon has
> already has problems because the actual files were not what others were
> testing.

The trouble with this approach is that we cannot add
and tweak documentation over that week. I suppose that
that is not so bad. We can do it, but the changes will not
be in the release, just be on the website.

> I'd do:
>
>   2004-10-08
>   Code freeze. Tag. Branch. Upload the dists to a user space dir.
>   Send the Vote email (Apache Forrest PMC needs to approve).
>   Testing+voting period lasts for 7 days.
>
>   2004-10-14
>   The Vote finishes today. Upload the dists.
>   Release. Send announcement email when mirrors are up-to-date.

Okay that is better. I will prepare the release tomorrow
morning our time (about 10 hours away). The actual release
is on 2004-10-15.

--
David Crossley