forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrest.apache.org webserver wrong charset
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 00:08:47 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> David Crossley escribió:
> > When using the W3C HTML Validator on our current homepage,
> > via "file upload" everything is fine. However when getting
> > it from forrest.apache.org there is a complaint. It seems
> > that the webserver delivers the charset ISO-8859-1 while our
> > documents specifically say UTF-8 via a META tag.
> >
> > I am no HTTP expert. What do we need to change?
> >

> on .htaccess
> AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>
> I have updated on the site plus on svn

Thanks, but not quite done. As with everything that we
publish, it needed to also go into the "forrest-site" SVN.
Then need to:
ssh cvs.apache.org
cd /www/forrest.apache.org
svn update

I have done that now.

Anyway, it still worries me why all Apache webservers have
the default as charset ISO-8859-1 ... Is that normal?