forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: synchronising skins leather-dev and pelt
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:48:33 GMT
thorsten wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> <snip/>
> > My mission is to start looking at the old forrest-site and
> > krysalis-site skins to ensure that we have all capabilities
> > in the current pelt skin. While doing that i was also
> > intending to add whatever to leather-dev and if i have
> > trouble then just make a note somewhere.
>
> Sounds like a good plan. I reckon I forgot some stuff while developing
> pelt. ...

Ah, you confirm my fears.

I reckon that lots of *good stuff* gets dropped
along the way during development. In my view,
the big problem with Open Source is that very few
people consolidate and rather rush on to new things.

> Just drop everything in the responding semantic container (sc) and
> I will take care about the display. Having everything in sc will it make
> easy to find an element and alter the display. :)
>
> > I am not yet a CSS expert, so will need help.

Er, please give an example of what you mean by "dropping in".

> :) Me neither. I hope that people will start contributing css styles for
> Leather that we have a pool of styles to choose. Maybe we should
> announce a design competition for leather-dev based css-designs.

Wait. Let us make that "leather" first.
Then i thought that you chose "corium" for the next skin.

--David