forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Search engines
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:39:45 GMT
thorsten wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > thorsten wrote:
> >>*How it should work*
> >>We need the following components:
> >>I) site.xml - Here we can add the hooks for each site which search
<snip/>

> > Is this starting to overload the site.xml
> > Perhaps there are other other ways.
>
> IMO that would not be as bad. The site.xml is the one part of forrest
> that the user really has to edit to add new content. All other files can
> be set to default.

Yes good to have minimal configuration points.

The worry is that already the site.xml is very free
for all, loose content. This makes it difficult for
validators to constrain the content for editors to
provide hints.

> Anyway that leads me to the approach that Ross uses for his sourceforge
> project. He uses manifest to extract tab and site.xml. He can edit the
> site with a GUI. IMO we need such a think very fast.
> ...or I have to really start the integration of forrest into lenya (et.
> al.). Then the user will not have to edit XML docs directly but through
> Bitflux, Kupu, et. al..

Did you say *or* integrate with Lenya!
I though that that was always on the schedule.

Anyway yes, integrate for sure. We need to be able to
configure Forrest via various mechanisms, always including
the vim command-line option.

--
David Crossley