forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: map:transform to docbook xsl
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 01:07:31 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > The project sitemap needs to handle the request to
> > the db-*.html and not the *.xml as you have.
>
> Ok I see now. It looks for a request for any file db-*.html as that is what is
> shown in the menu link. Now all I need is for the article to to be genrated
> through a custom layer and of course to make it fall within body. At present
> it is just a raw article and the user no longer sees the forrest menu, footer
> etc.

Yes, that "raw" output is the intended behaviour. You have
intercepted the request for the DocBook documents with your
project sitemap and are doing the complete transformation
into XHTML with the DocBook XSL, serialising it as XHTML.

> > Your doc works with my sitemap. We look for to seeing
> > your articles on-line shortly.
>
> Yes. Actually I am slowly finding my way around the forrest.
> I plan to take a look at docbooktodocument and see if I can
> add template to match xref and perhaps improve a bit.

Any improvements to that fallback processing are welcome.
This is good for people who have simple docbook files and
who don't want to use the full DocBook XSL.

--
David Crossley