forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: map:transform to docbook xsl
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:31:38 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> Patience with me. I am trying to get forrest to use the nwalsh docbook
> stylesheets directly as per
> http://localhost:8888/faq.html#docbook

And then following the general notes for adding
project sitemaps in the "Using Forrest" document
and the "Project Sitemaps" document.

I presume that you are using the Forrest-0.6-dev
SVN trunk.

> I have created project src/documentation/sitemap.xmap
>
> START ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> <map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
>  <map:pipelines>
>   <map:pipeline>
>    <map:match pattern="db-**.xml">
>     <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}db-{1}.xml" />
>        <map:transform
> src="/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/1.64.1/html/docbook.xsl" />
>     <map:serialize/>
>    </map:match>
>   </map:pipeline>
>  </map:pipelines>
> </map:sitemap>
>
> END ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope that you also have the first line
as the normal xml declaration ... <?xml ...

> This results in the following being return
>
> START ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Internal Server Error
>
> Message: null

> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> Source: Cocoon Servlet
>
> Request URI
>
> db-article.html
>
> cause
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> request-uri
>
> /db-article.html
>
> Apache Cocoon 2.2.0-dev
> END ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> If I change this to use (xhtml) like this
> <map:transform
> src="/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/1.64.1/xhtml/docbook.xsl" />
>
> Then a blank body is returned
> START ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> <!--+
>   |alternative credits
>   +-->
> <!--+
>     |end Menu
>     +-->
> <!--+
>     |start content
>     +-->
> <!--+
>     |end content
>     +-->
>
> I am probably missing something simple, but as a newbie to forrest I dont know
> what and cant fin the answer in the docs which I find tends to break things
> into a 100 pieces. Thanks for any help.

I will try to follow the procedure later today.

--
David Crossley