forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: [JIRA] Commented: (FOR-264) forrest seed does not create the resources folder
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:13:24 GMT
On Oct 22, 2004, at 11:00 AM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> issues@cocoondev.org wrote:
>> The following comment has been added to this issue:
>>      Author: Nicola Ken Barozzi
>>     Created: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:33 AM
>>        Body:
>> Actually it's the other way around :-)
>> The resources folder is something that should not be used anymore,
>> and the fact that the PDF generation expects images there is a bug.
>> Thanks for reporting, it's important to remember.
>
> Really?  See http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#images
>
> What is the recommended approach for images then?  There's also
> support for a 'my-images' directory within the xdocs section (not
> raw), which is undocumented and probably not used much.

Would it make sense to have some system to separate images based on
resolution (or output target) due to the fact that PDF output warrants
higher resolution images for printing?

Possiblilities I see:

Separate Directories/Same Filename:
   (which may make it harder to manage each image)
- src/documentation/resources/images/ (images used for PDF output)
- src/documentation/content/xdocs/images/ (images used for HTML output)

Same Directory/Slightly Different Filename:
- src/documentation/resources/images/screenshot_001.jpg (web/html
version)
- src/documentation/resources/images/screenshot_001_pdf.jpg (pdf
version)

Thoughts? Eventually, I'd like to come up with a solution to the
'screenshot' dilemma, where if a screenshot is too wide for the page,
Cocoon/Forrest would shrink it to fit a default size (640x480, 800x600,
or 1024x768, etc.), but provide a link/fork to view the full-size
image.

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cleeds@medata.com>