forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: [Important] please test the release candidate
Date Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:05:53 GMT
On Oct 13, 2004, at 2:12 PM, Rick Tessner wrote:
> Issues (Minor)
> --------------
> 1. Odd behaviour with Search box on both the seed and Forrest docs.
> This
>    happens with the "forrest site", "forrest run" and "forrest war".
>
>    To reproduce,
>
>     1.  Clear browser cache
>     2.  Bring up build/site/index.html.  Note position of search
>         box.  I'm seeing in top right corner, immediately below
>         the div.breadtrail.
>     3.  Refresh button on browser.  Search box moves to immediately
>         above the div#publishedStrip.   Seen in both Firefox 1.0PR
>         and Galeon 1.3.14.

I notice this issue under Mac OS X 10.3.5, Firefox 0.10.1 (aka Firefox
1.0PR... confusing numbering scheme!). I tested with Mozilla 1.8a4, and
notice the same behavior. I don't have to refresh--resizing the window
is enough to 'fix' the problem. In addition, the content area is moved
down below the leftNav column of links.

You can see for yourself how it looks on Firefox[1] and Mozilla[2].

Of course, there's also the annoying problem with the rounded PNG
corners (not to mention the background color for the Forrest logo)
being a slightly different blue than the background-color of the
.header as seen in my Safari screenshot[3]. I understand this problem
also affects all flavors of M$IE.

[1]
http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/forrest/forrest-0.6_001.pdf
[2]
http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/forrest/forrest-0.6_002.pdf
[3]
http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/forrest/forrest-0.6_002.pdf

> 2. publishedStrip colouring
>
>   [ I believe this is the same issue identified by Ross G. in
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=109741615818940&w=2 ]
>
>   This happens under a "forrest site", "forrest run" and "forrest war"
>
>   Under the seed site, the publishedStrip element (where the sub-tags
>   and published message appear) has the same colour as the unselected
>   tabs.  This has a bit of a odd look to it.
>
>   The Forrest Docs themselves do not have this issue.  The selected
> tab,
>   publishedStrip and left navigation menu all have the same colour
>   giving a sense of "unity".

I didn't notice this.

> Issue (Major or higher)
> -----------------------
>
> None found. :)

I would agree that these are not 'showstoppers' :-) and may just be
quirkiness in the browsers... Which leads me to question if this could
be some sort of quirks mode problem?

> --
> rick@onnadayr.ca
> IT Firefighting and Prevention