forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Java1.4 as minimum requirement
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2004 11:18:30 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>Given that JDK1.5 is out, I propose that we clearly ask JRE1.4 as a
>>minimum base requirement for Forrest. This should also clear some
>>problems that users were having with IBM JDK 1.3.
> I would be okay with that. Should we poll our users?

Honestly, I think that this is more a design decision, as Forrest has
had some issues with IBM JDK1.3, is harder to work on with headless, and
overall doesn't make me comfortable to be able to run Forrest to give
the user experience and output I would expect it to (wow, my longest
phrase ever!).

>>What about also deciding that we will always ask our users to be at
>>least one point release behind the latest Java Platform?
> Ditto. However you mean "at most".

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -