forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Forrest Plugins
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2004 12:28:04 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> ===============
> Forrest Plugins
> ===============

I was very excited about this when I read it because it explaines in
detail what I was still musing about at an early stage... but I had to
shut down the computer and could not reply earlier.  :-(

+1 all the way, it totally rocks! :-)

> However, I don't want to commit to SVN just yet as I
> would like feedback on my approach first. If anyone would like to see
> this simple extension mechanism in action I can put patches on JIRA.

Make a sitemap-plugins branch from current trunk and commit there.

> FIXME
> Is there anyway of having the plugins sitemap just default to Forrests
> sitemap behaviour if imsmanifest.xml is not present without the need to
> duplicate code from the original sitemap.xmap file. In other words can
> we have <map:match pattern="abs-menulinks"> that only gets processed if
> the imsmanifest.xml file is present?

It's possible, but I would have to try it on a real case, as I'm not
sure OTOMH what approach will work. If all simple things fail, we can
make a ResourceExistsMatcher.

> How is a Plugin Installed?
>
> Installed plugins are managed by the file src/plugings/sitemap.xmap
> (FIXME: should this be src/context/plugins/sitemap.xmap?).

I would prefer not put anything in the src directory.

Maybe simply forrest/plugins?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -