forrest-dev mailing list archives

From thorsten <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: floating bug in pelt
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:18:42 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Yeah, i was flabbergasted when i saw that.
> Thorsten, can you explain what the issue was.
> How could that cause such grief?

Ok, long story short:

I added a &nbsp; when I started to debug the problem:

That results in IE and Mozilla a line break if I would have used <br/>:

I solved by just using 2 divs and moving the &nbsp; after the
"level2tabs" (first nested div):
   &nbsp; <script/>

The idea was mentioned by Jay (thx again). My first test did not work
because I did not move the &nbsp; after the level2tabs div (first nested
div).

General rule of thumb if you have problems with float make sure of the
right usage of &nbsp;. ;-)

> --David
>
> Jason End wrote:
>
>>Fantastic! And all because of an &nbsp. How typical,
>>hehehe.

LOL. It is like bash scripts. ;-)

>>Nice work.

Thanks and thanks to you again