forrest-dev mailing list archives

From thorsten <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: moderate theloniousbar@hotmail.com
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:50:39 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
>
>>Hello devs,
>>
>>can we *please* block this email address!
>>
>>I get everyday two mails from them to moderate! Lets please get rid of
>>that email!
>

> Steady on there Thorsten. It is a moderators job to simply
> delete such spam. Yes our dear Apache infrastructure people
> are making big efforts to filter it, but we still get some.
>
> If you notice a pattern to the abuse, then gather facts and
> send a kind, supportive message to infrastructure@ap...
> You need to attach the mail, with complete headers.
>
> However, don't just dump isolated cases onto them. They are
> a volunteer project, just like us.

Yeah, such filters should be managable by moderators like us! ...or even
better: if I reject messages from a certain mail for x times the filter
should adjust itself to ban the mail address ;-)

> I do understand that you get frustrated by spam - we all do.
>
> We can also take you off the moderator duty if you cannot cope.

LOL
No, dude it is allright.
I was just asking for guideliness how to change the filters as moderator.

thorsten