forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extending xmaps (was Re: project sitemap variables)
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 13:33:37 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I can't seem to find this in  the archives, but I expect it is to do
> with adding the skin extension system to linkmap.xmap and tabs.xmap. I
> did wonder about doing it the way I did, in fact last night I had the
> need to extend forrest.xmap as well and felt this was going a step too
> far and was the top of the slippery slope to adding all the xmap files
> as properties in cocoon.xconf.
>
> In the end I realised that since the local sitemap.xmap extension is
> processed before all other matchers I could just put everything in the
> project sitemap.xmap file.

Yup, this was my suggestion :-)

I prefer to keep a single user sitemap, because this does not expose our
internal structure to the user: the only contracts are expected
filenames AFAIK.

If you cannot do this for some reason, I'd prefer that we can see
together what makes the single user sitemap system not up to snuff for
your needs.

> Would people be more comfortable with me doing this with the
> linkmap.xmap and tabs.xmap extensions as well? I'll make the changes if
> this is the general consensus.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -