forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Revert crust to using forrest-dev
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:11:12 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>In changing the skins I had not thought that some users do not always
>>update the whole site, but parts of it.
>
> Are you talking about the Incubator stuff? I think that
> is because they have updated one page but not added the
> supporting CSS files, so they have a half-baked mix.
>
> This will always be an issue and there is nothing that
> we can do. If they had most of their site with the "crust"
> skin, then added one page with the "pelt" skin then they
> would have the same problem.

Yeah, but we have not put in a deprecation period just because we felt
sure that crust would feel like a natural tweak of the previous skin.

This does not seem to be the case, and it seems to be percieved like a
new skin.

> I am very reluctant to go back. Lets see what others think.
>
> Should we just force everybody to use "pelt" now? We know
> that it or its successor is where we want to be.

I think we agree that going to pelt leaving back crust is something we
want to do ASAP, and I'm ok for now.

The question is wether we should keep the older skins in the distro for
another cycle to give time for our users to switch without surprises.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -