forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Revert crust to using forrest-dev
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 12:00:20 GMT

In changing the skins I had not thought that some users do not always
update the whole site, but parts of it. Besides, the style changes seem
to look like bugs for the user.

Therefore, I propose that we resurrect the defunct skins for another
release cycle; we will still switch our site to pelt as decided, and use
that in the seed.

To make our users switch to pelt, we will put a notice in the 'forrest'
calls saying that the skin being used is deprecated and lacks features,
urging to update the entire site to pelt ASAP, as it will forcibly
substitute forrest-dev in the next release.

Basically we are deferring of a month the forced skin update for our
users, while informing them of the new features of pelt.

WDOT?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -