forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: pdf image path
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:34:59 GMT
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Clay Leeds wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2004, at 5:42 AM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > thorsten wrote:
> >> Hello devs,
> >> I noticed that in pdf a path like ../images/test.png will not be
> >> displayed (rendered).
> >> If I place the same image in my xdocs dir then it will get rendered.
> >> Is that a known issue?
> >> King regards
> >> thorsten
> >
> > Yes, looking for image locations for PDFs is limited.  However I have
> > tried to make it work as close to HTML as possible.  See
> > skins/common/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl line 738 for the details.  If you
> > need more explanation of how those tests work, just ask.
> >
> > It does not look in the "raw" directory for files.  I know of no way
> > to check for a file there and then if it doesn't exist, try looking
> > for it in the xdocs dir.  That is one reason I think in the future src
> > & raw directories should be combined.
>
> Since I'm generating a /forrest/ web site and I expect PDF in the
> output, I expect to have all of my images show up in the PDF files.
> IIUC, this means that I need to place all of my image files in the
> xdocs directory for them to show up? I guess I can comply, but I don't
> think that is very convenient. It would be better if the system would
> (by default) expect to find images in 'xdocs/images/'. If explaining to
> forrest users is a problem, that could be a FAQ as well as part of the
> documentation.
>
> Web Maestro Clay

If the href starts with 'images/' it looks in src/resources/images (same
as HTML).  The reason it looks in the xdocs directory for other hrefs is
because (I think this is old and probably could be deprecated) a my-images
subdirectory can be used to have images in xdocs.

But yes, we should put an FAQ explain it if it is any way not the same as
HTML.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal