forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: pdf image path
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:23:10 GMT
On Sep 15, 2004, at 5:42 AM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> thorsten wrote:
>> Hello devs,
>> I noticed that in pdf a path like ../images/test.png will not be
>> displayed (rendered).
>> If I place the same image in my xdocs dir then it will get rendered.
>> Is that a known issue?
>> King regards
>> thorsten
>
> Yes, looking for image locations for PDFs is limited.  However I have
> tried to make it work as close to HTML as possible.  See
> skins/common/xslt/fo/document2fo.xsl line 738 for the details.  If you
> need more explanation of how those tests work, just ask.
>
> It does not look in the "raw" directory for files.  I know of no way
> to check for a file there and then if it doesn't exist, try looking
> for it in the xdocs dir.  That is one reason I think in the future src
> & raw directories should be combined.

Since I'm generating a /forrest/ web site and I expect PDF in the
output, I expect to have all of my images show up in the PDF files.
IIUC, this means that I need to place all of my image files in the
xdocs directory for them to show up? I guess I can comply, but I don't
think that is very convenient. It would be better if the system would
(by default) expect to find images in 'xdocs/images/'. If explaining to
forrest users is a problem, that could be a FAQ as well as part of the
documentation.

Web Maestro Clay