forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: pdf image path
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:57:31 GMT
On Sep 15, 2004, at 10:34 AM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> If the href starts with 'images/' it looks in src/resources/images
> (same
> as HTML).  The reason it looks in the xdocs directory for other hrefs
> is
> because (I think this is old and probably could be deprecated) a
> my-images
> subdirectory can be used to have images in xdocs.

Thanks for the clarification. It helps, but I've still got a ways to
go. I'm using forrest to take my documentation source files to a web
site along with the nifty PDF files. The documentation is in
OpenOffice.org 1.1.2 .sxw format.

So here's my dilemma: How do I get the images to display in
OpenOffice.org, while using linked graphics from some directory? At the
moment I specify the full path to the graphics when including them in
OOo. I'm converting Microsoft Word files to OOo and I'd love to just
have the embedded graphics Just Show Up(tm) in my forrest output. But
that doesn't work (yet? :-D). So my workaround is to modify the
properties for each graphic, and ensure they point to each graphic
located in my medata_docs/ 'images' directory:

medata_docs/src/documentation/content/xdocs/images/

Are you saying that I should place the graphics here?:

/src/resources/images/

Of course, to make things more difficult, I want to have the link I
create in OOo work in the HTML output as well as the PDF (although the
PDF output link isn't nearly as important--especially if I can get the
PDF's image resolution upwards of 150dpi or 300dpi--a pipe dream? :-)).

Web Maestro Clay