forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Hare, Michael" <Michael.H...@fnc.fujitsu.com>
Subject RE: [JIRA] Commented: (FOR-277) investiagte use of forrest-0.6-dev as webapp with Tomcat 5
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:01:43 GMT
I copied commons-logging-1.0.3.jar from the forrest/lib/core directory and put it in the Tomcat5/bin
directory.
I then renamed it to commons-logging-api.jar and started Tomcat.

Tomcat started fine, I can access the Forrest 0.6 site, but I have the same problems access
the Tomcat Manager and the JSP and Servlet examples.

In effect: no change switching the commons-logging jar file.

But it was a worthy try!

Thanks,

- mike

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org]On Behalf Of Nicola Ken Barozzi
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 9:35 AM
To: dev@forrest.apache.org
Subject: Re: [JIRA] Commented: (FOR-277) investiagte use of
forrest-0.6-dev as webapp with Tomcat 5

Hare, Michael wrote:
> I don't understand 'commons-logging CNFEs' or the 'commons-logging impl' and how it relates
to the forrest webapp.

Try this, remove

      jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27\bin\commons-logging-api.jar

And copy there instead the logging jar that is in Forrest, renaming it
to commons-logging-api.jar

This will make Tomcat's 'commons-logging impl' package (AKA
commons-logging-api.jar) be the one that also forrest uses.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -