forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Jira moved
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 09:57:06 GMT
On 01 Sep 2004, at 11:25, David Crossley wrote:

>> I don't see any difference yet - the bottom of the page
>> still reports the old Jira version number.

Funny. It should read "Professional Edition, Version: 2.6.1-#65".

stevenn [~] $ dig issues.cocoondev.org ANY

; <<>> DiG 9.2.2 <<>> issues.cocoondev.org ANY
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 4, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;issues.cocoondev.org.          IN      ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
issues.cocoondev.org.   1800    IN      A       67.19.2.50

I suspect your DNS is stale - are you caching lookups somewhere locally?

>> There is something strange happening. We seem to have lost
>> some recent Issue Comments. Here are some clues ...
>>
>> In the past, the notification emails used ...
>> ----
>> View the issue:
>> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira//secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-245
>> ----
>>
>> Recently there are occasional notification emails that use ...
>> ----
>> View the issue:
>> http://issues.cocoondev.org//browse/FOR-245
>> ----
>> which is a broken URL.

Works for me, though.

>> These notifications came to me personally, because i was the
>> creator of the issue. However they did not come through to the
>> forrest-dev list. Probably Steven's comment above about mail config.

That should be solved since Monday - notification mails are now being
sent From: issues@cocoondev.org To:  dev@forrest.apache.org

>> Also that Comment is not listed in the Issue tracker ...
>> http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=FOR-245
>> There should be a recent one from Charles Palmer, before
>> my test comment.
>>
>> Is it possible that some notifications are coming from the
>> new Jira instance, while others come from the old Jira?

I'm thinking DNS caching isn't helping us here. What if I switch off
the instance on the old server so that we are sure nobody is using that
one anymore?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org