forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Things remaining for 0.6
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 03:46:12 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>>According to http://forrest.apache.org/forrest-issues.html
>>we are ready for release. Yes we know that there are other
>>issues, but it seems that none block us from release.
>>
>>The next tasks are ...
>>
>>* Update some libraries, e.g. Xalan and Cocoon blocks and Ant.
>

> Antonio has done a few other libraries, thanks.
> Still more to do.
>

>>* Decide if we will go with the unreleased Cocoon-2.2
>>or wait and try to fix Cocoon-2.1.X branch.
>>
>>* Practise the release procedure etc/RELEASE_PROCESS.txt
>

> I have done it a few times and refined the notes. Looking good.
>
> Would other PMC members please add their PGP keys to "KEYS".
> We only have one active member at the moment - not sufficient.

I'll add mine soon.

Another thing to do is make sure all the docs are in order.  I think
we're pretty good but there are some FIXMEs in etc/docs-review.txt and I
think we need some complete documentation on skins because it is very
frequently asked about by newcomers.  It should include:
* screenshots
* color changes via CSS
* how to make a small customization to a skin
** html changes
** CSS changes
* why not to write your own skin (better to make it configurable)
* how to write your own skin if you really really want to

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming