forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Forrest Plugins
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 00:12:39 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> I will shortly commit a test site that shows the IMS Manifest file in
> use. Right now I need to reboot my machine it seems to be dying on me.

I haven't committed a test site to SVN as I do not have the time to
create one right now and realised I can't upload the one I had in mind
because of licensing issues.

So, I've uploaded a demo site to my apache web space so people can play
with. To have a look at the plugin capability:

svn switch https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/branches/sitemap-plugins

[optional] forrest available-plugins

forrest install-plugin

enter 'IMSManifest' at the prompt

(forrest downloads the plugin and installs it)

download the demo site that uses an IMS Manifest instead of site.xml and
tabs.xml from
http://www.apache.org/~rgardler/testingGround/forrestPlugins/demoIMSSite.zip

Then run forrest as normal.

WARNING
=======

forrest will not run until you have installed the plugin since the last
stage of the install process is not yet automated. This stage inserts
the necessary sitemap mounting instructions in plugins.xmap, the
required snippet is in the file you get from CVS so if you try and run
before installing the plugin it will complain about not being able to
find it.

Ross