forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with XXE editing a document-v20 document
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2004 09:17:54 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>

>>I found a problem if I use XXE with document-v20: In line 96 of
>>http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v20.dtd there is a wrong reference
>>
>>  "../common-charents-v10.mod">
>>
>>Could somebody who knows how to update the website remove the leading
>>dots and the slash because common-charents-v10.mod is in the same
>>directory as document-v20.dtd?
>>

>This would mean that you do not have a properly configured
>catalog entity resolver, because it responds to the
>Public Identifiers.

As XXE is a visual tool I assumed that there will be a tab in the
options window and as this doesn't exist I thought that XXE doesn't
support catalogues.
Thanks David, after your answer I looked at the filesystem and after
updating config/catalog.xml (<nextCatalog
catalog="file://[PATH-to-FORREST]/src/core/context/resources/schema/catalog.forrest.xcat"/>

everything works well.

Anyway, people who use tools that don't support catalogs still have a
problem with http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v20.dtd because the
path to common-charents-v10.mod is invalid.

--
Reinhard