forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Extending xmaps (was Re: project sitemap variables)
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 10:55:31 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
>
>>  Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

> <snip/>
>
>> Also you raised an issue with Ross about exposing too
>> many access points with the sitemap mechanism.
>

> Really, I missed that, sorry, I'll go back into the archives and
> respond/act if necessary.

I can't seem to find this in  the archives, but I expect it is to do
with adding the skin extension system to linkmap.xmap and tabs.xmap. I
did wonder about doing it the way I did, in fact last night I had the
need to extend forrest.xmap as well and felt this was going a step too
far and was the top of the slippery slope to adding all the xmap files
as properties in cocoon.xconf.

In the end I realised that since the local sitemap.xmap extension is
processed before all other matchers I could just put everything in the
project sitemap.xmap file.

Would people be more comfortable with me doing this with the
linkmap.xmap and tabs.xmap extensions as well? I'll make the changes if
this is the general consensus.

Ross