forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: RT: utilise screenspace
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:23:04 GMT
On Sep 9, 2004, at 3:52 AM, David Crossley wrote:
> One option would be to display/hide the section
> with some client-side scripting.
>
> --David

This could also be done via CSS's display:block|hidden, etc. This
link[1] explains it (although we've already got an example at[2] heh!).
Just make it collapsable... like the Nav elements in [2].

On a related note (since this POST doesn't have 'ToC' in it's Subject,
I guess this isn't off-topic), I'd like a way to specify whether the
Nav elements are collapsed. Personally, I don't want them to be
collapsed, as I want to use it as a veritable 'sitemap' of the current
tab (tabmap?). I want to scan all items in the current tab, without
having to click. This may be a question for Thorsten... Is this
configurable via skinconf.xml?

Web Maestro Clay

[1] Pure CSS popups
http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/popups/demo.html