forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Things remaining for 0.6
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 04:02:06 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >
> > Would other PMC members please add their PGP keys to "KEYS".
> > We only have one active member at the moment - not sufficient.
>
> I'll add mine soon.

Great ;-)

> Another thing to do is make sure all the docs are in order.  I think
> we're pretty good but there are some FIXMEs in etc/docs-review.txt

Yeah, needs a bit more tweaking - almost good enough.

> and I
> think we need some complete documentation on skins because it is very
> frequently asked about by newcomers.

That would not be absolutely necessary for 0.6 release.
It can follow on, because the website is generated from
the trunk.

> It should include:
> * screenshots
> * color changes via CSS
> * how to make a small customization to a skin
> ** html changes
> ** CSS changes
> * why not to write your own skin (better to make it configurable)
> * how to write your own skin if you really really want to

The last two points we are always emphasising, and i for one
want to keep them at the top of the list. Perhaps an FAQ.
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/your-project.html#new_skin
needs tweaks to be in line with that.

--
David Crossley