forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [patch] skip footer on pdf
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:05:32 GMT
Arturo Vazquez wrote:
> I've wasted a lot of time trying to write a justification for the
> following functionality, but the bottom line is ... "is always better
> to have the choice"

Ah, no need to justify. Rather describe the contribution.
More than likely, it is something that everyone will want.

> ok so this is what this patch does:
> It allows you to remove the footer in the PDF by simply including :
<snip/>

No time to apply your patch just now. We will get
around to it.

> so if you (like I)  are annoyed by the copyright footer on your pdf
> apply this patch :)

The option is definitely needed.

> obviously if you commiters think it's good enough to put it in the
> repository I'll be pretty happy :)

We will massage it, if needs be.

> And before you all say it YES, I know it's a good idea to put you a
> copyright legend on everything you write, but sometimes I just don't
> want to .

No need to convince ... that will save some time.

Thanks for your contribution. Next one, please go via the Issue tracker.

--
David Crossley