forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Hooks and semantic naming in leather skin
Date Sun, 19 Sep 2004 06:35:55 GMT
thorsten wrote:

> Then I thought about a hook mechanism in the DOM structure that will
> lead us back where we started.
>
>       +=========================+
>       |      i intro            |
>       +=========================+
>       +=========================+
>       |      m main             |
>       +=========================+
>       +=========================+
>       |      o outro            |
>       +=========================+
>
> This are the three main areas (design) in /pelt/ and in /leather/. This
> div-hooks enable floating within the hooks.
>
> container
> i +-branding (contains search and nav)
> i +-intro-tagline (published and nav-main-sub)
> m +-branding-trail-a1
> m +-nav-section
> m +-content-main
> o +-siteinfo

Would it be possible to automate a mapping between the
design space and the function-specific names?

Divide "intro" and "main" and "outro" into rows ...

+=========================+
|     i intro, u upper    |
+-------------------------+
|     i intro, m middle   |
+-------------------------+
|     i intro, l lower    |
+=========================+

And also divide each row into columns a, b, c

+-----------------------------+
|  i_m_a  |  i_m_b  |  i_m_c  |

The skinconf.xml could provide the mapping, e.g.
i_m_c => search
i_l_c => published
o_l_b => feedback

I don't know if that helps with the naming convention
and CSS div issues, but this is a Random Thought thread.

--
David Crossley