forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: moderate theloniousbar@hotmail.com
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2004 00:29:01 GMT
Scherler, Thorsten wrote:
> Hello devs,
>
> can we *please* block this email address!
>
> I get everyday two mails from them to moderate! Lets please get rid of
> that email!

Steady on there Thorsten. It is a moderators job to simply
delete such spam. Yes our dear Apache infrastructure people
are making big efforts to filter it, but we still get some.

If you notice a pattern to the abuse, then gather facts and
send a kind, supportive message to infrastructure@ap...
You need to attach the mail, with complete headers.

However, don't just dump isolated cases onto them. They are
a volunteer project, just like us.

I do understand that you get frustrated by spam - we all do.

We can also take you off the moderator duty if you cannot cope.

--
David Crossley